I am a lover for kimchi, well only the authentic ones though (they are marinated way better). I am glad that apart from its spicy appearance, it has lots of benefits which aid to make me healthy and looking good. WHY?
Here’s what I have found out.
- Low calorie and a lot of fiber (promotes digestion)
- Vitamins and minerals (Vit A, C and B6 as well as niacin and beta carotene)
- Organic acids produced during fermentation (Say NO to constipation)
- Kimchi promotes intestinal health (Lacto bacteria keeps the intestines clean)
- Kimchi helps lower cholesterol ( Allicin increases the good cholesterol and lowers the bad)
- Kimchi keeps most of its nutritional values fresh for longer days (Keep for days and it is still good!)
So get your plate of Kimchi today!
Sources: MyKoreanDiet.com and Treelight.com
THE MAKEUP PAPARAZZI
So, we’ve got a curious request that came in:
Hi Jera & Sabby….. would you be able to write an post more on eye care like using vit c etc etc……What does Vitamin C in eye care do?
Well, according to My Dark Circles Blog, the reasons are that “Vitamin C in eye care treats discoloration of the skin associated with dark under eye circles. It helps protect against free radicals by neutralizing them. It can protect against damage from sun exposure but cannot be used as a sun screen by itself. Vitamin C must be present for collagen growth.”
And based on Internet sources,
- Vitamin C is a must in a skincare regime as well as health supplement.
- Getting the right product with stable and efficient concentration of Vitamin C is important to fight the signs of ageing.
- Proper storage of skincare is also important.
- Pure Vitamin C concentrated formulas might irritate your skin, therefore do a skin allergy test before using the product on your face.
- Get an eye care with Vitamin C for dark eye circles
To combat dark eye circles even more efficiently, you should get an eye care product with Vitamin K and Kojic acid too, because Vitamin K is known to inhibit bruising, and doctors believe it can help to counteract dark shadows caused by too much blood flow and minor bruising under eyes. Kojic acid and hydroquinone are skin-lightening agents, often found in bleaching and age-spot creams.
For more, you can visit Smart Skin Care or Skin Inc to read up more
Lastly, just to remind you the wonderful benefits of using Vitamin C in your skincare regimes (besides eyes) – it helps to moisturize, soften, exfoliates and cleanses to reveal a brighter and even complexion, and best of all – it helps to prevent the growth of melanin in the skin, which are the dark spots that often increase with aging. Not only that, it helps wounds to heal and will boost your immune system.
Essentially,Vitamin C is good for those with dark circle problems… and remember, it’s not just about the product but also your lifestyle! Insufficient sleep is one of the most common issues that link to dark circles… and if you hope for your dark circles to ‘disappear’, you need to use the product regularly for at least one month before you can see results
THE MAKEUP PAPARAZZI